“Los antiguos habitantes de Mesopotamia creían que los pájaros eran sagrados porque, en la arcilla todavía blanda, sus patas dejaban marcas que se parecían a la escritura cuneiforme. Descifrar esos signos suponía saber qué pensaban los dioses.”
Vivian Abenshushan, Permanente Obra Negra
Vivian Abenshushan, Permanente Obra Negra
Ines! Now I see you never stopped blogging here, how lovely! That's commitment and dedication. Kudos to you. Blogs need to be the main place again. Where in the world are you now? Hope you're doing ok. Hugs!
ResponderEliminarVictoria, qué alegria verte aqui!! How are you?? How is life treating you? I am still in the Madrid area somehow, though we're working on finally leaving — to finally go where? Absolutely no idea yet, which explains why we're still lingering here. But I'm not in the city center anymore. I had what seemed to be neverending pulmonary issues caused by extreme heat, pollution and covid and it was... not good, really not good, for a excruciating long time. It's still not great (presently going through a crisis due extreme lack of humidity (aka having a normal one in spanish summer) and due to smoke from a horrbile wildfire about 50 km from here...) but I'm now living at suburbs right on the foot of the Madrid mountains. And though I don't love it (it's neither Old European City enough, nor wild high mountain-y enough nor great wild sea at all) , it has been a much needed respite while I get better somewhat and we figure out where to head next. And yes, back to blogging! I never left totally, but for a few months I was actually active on twitter, of all places... I thought I had found a nice niche community of Portuguese readers with similar tastes to mine, but in the end social media did what social media always does, and I got bored of watching people acting insane, or just silly, so I'm back here. What about you? I always watch your sporadic vlogs on YouTube, it's all so lovely. Will you be back to blogging in any way or platform too? I'd love to follow that. I checked and I seem to have your contact on WhatsApp, and your email, are they still the same, and is it okay if I reach out to you from either of them? Tell me how you're doing, I'm thankful that you reached out!
ResponderEliminar