quinta-feira, 13 de janeiro de 2022

paltry & insignificant

"In the countryside I was mostly busy with the construction of a new barn. I managed to build a wonderful barn, 40 sq. metres, with an overhang and the slated roof. Unfortunately no pictures so far to send you.
We had a wonderful time there and I started feeling that I could probably live without the God forsaken and long-abandoned art of cinema. Living like this all my life, on the bank of the river, and writing an endlessly long book which my son would continue writing after my death, and then his son, and so on and on and on...). And living with our own work. We have a vegetable patch 1,500 sq. metres and a small garden.
Here I can’t bear it anymore: futile persuading everybody how important the art of cinema is. I really feel I’m getting closer and closer to the realisation of this idea. What keeps me from it is vanity and regret about my forgotten talent: both feelings paltry and insignificant."


Andrey Tarkovsky em carta para Sergei Parajanov, a 22.1.1976 (visto aqui)

3 comentários:

  1. Magnífico texto, Inês, vou traduzir e publicar no meu Livro, pode ser ?

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. Claro que sim.
      E se quiser a fonte de onde o extraí, aqui está:

      http://www.whitespacegallery.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/parajanov_tarkovsky_catalogue_low-res.pdf

      Eliminar