segunda-feira, 17 de janeiro de 2022

I'm a foreigner, you know

"[Lieutenant] Nescaffier only gets one line of dialogue!"
"Well, I did cut something he told me, it made me too sad. I could stick it back in, if you like."
"What did he say?"
"I admire your bravery, Mr. Lieutenant."
"I'm not brave. I just wasn't in the mood to be a disappointment to everybody. I'm a foreigner, you know?"
"This city is full of us, isn't it? I'm one myself."
"Seeking something missing. Missing something left behind."
"Maybe with good luck, we'll find what eluded us in the places we once called home."
Nescaffier half nods, half shakes his head, dejected, tired.
"That's the best part of the whole thing. That's the reason for it to be written."
"I couldn't agree less."

"Well, anyway, don't cut it."

The French Dispatch, Wes Andersen

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário