quarta-feira, 29 de julho de 2015

I've been watching the night sky

I've been watching the sky
I've been watching the sky
I've been watching the sky
I've been watching the sky
Pergulho | Julho 2015


Pergulho, my mother's tiny village, is one of my favorite places on earth. It's very humble and unassuming, but I love its pine trees & shale woods, the winter brooks made by the rain, its old houses, its silence. It's also home to this special library and this place that I love.
And above all this, it has a vast sky that becomes immense by night, beautiful beyond words, so full of stars impossible to see in the city, planes silently roaming in the distance, and the milky way so clearly visible. It has witnessed countless family conversations, even in the dead of Winter, because we simply can't resist it.



3 comentários:

  1. Exquisite shots! And taken with such skill. I love the night sky, but I live in the city where the stars hide behind a curtain of reflecting city lights. Pergulho looks like a wonderful place to live

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. Hello Marie, unfortunately I don't live in Pergulho, but it is the birthplace of my mother and grandparents, and even if my grandparents are no longer with us, I love to go back there as much as I can. And yes, the sky there is simply amazing!

      Eliminar
    2. I understand what you mean. I have a city that means the same thing to me as Pergulho to you. I think it's nice that certain places become such special places to people. I hope you can spend a lot of happy times there :)

      Eliminar